[ExI] Question re Website Software - Dreamweaver

Yann Cogito nymphovurt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 02:41:12 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, 7 January 2014, 18:25, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

On 2014-01-07 17:07, natasha at natasha.cc wrote:

>>Does anyone know how to use Dreamweaver for websites?
>I have not used it in a long time, but I think I used version 3.0 or
>something like that... Actually, how *do* you make websites these
>days? (Besides writing HTML in Emacs, of course)

I've been using Wordpress the free content management software thingy for the last six months or so. It allows you to knock up fairly professional looking sites with a lot of functionality in a few evenings & very little, if any, coding is needed. You can pick & choose from dozens of themes, plugins & widgets to install via a dashboard system. As long as you configure these correctly your site can quickly sprout message boards, visitor comments, passworded / paying user only sections, adverts, etc..

The last site my friend & I put together even has a working e-commerce page: http://irishfarmerette.com/

Okay that one did take us a dozen evenings or so & pro graphic designers provided most of the pretty pictures, but it shows how powerful a tool Wordpress can be (even in our untutored hands..)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress

I hope that doesn't sound too much like an advertisement..  (o:

Yann.

'If you cannot afford an executioner, a duty executioner
will be appointed to you free of charge by the court'