[ExI] Question re Website Software - Dreamweaver

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jan 8 15:48:48 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] Question re Website Software - Dreamweaver

On 2014-01-07 18:42, spike wrote:
>>... What would it look like from inside a weird ivory tower?  ... Cool, I
want to go there.

>...You should totally visit us in Oxford! We have a fun gang in our ivory
tower...
--
Dr Anders Sandberg

The problem with an engineer visiting an ivory tower is that she would look
around and realize this material is nowhere to be found in the old
structural materials books.  So she would immediately order everyone out
until a series of tests could be performed on this particular unfamiliar
(even if aesthetically pleasing) material.  Furthermore, since ivory is a
tusk, which is a tooth, what happens over time when some yahoo spills a
soda?  A cavity forms in some structural element and pretty soon the whole
thing collapses, forget it, no ivory.

Thanks Anders!  I am finding all the places in Jolly Olde where my ancestors
were born.  At least one of them is not far from Oxford.  Perhaps summer of
2015 will be the time to visit our philosopher friend in England.

Note:  no elephants were harmed or seriously killed in the making of this
post.