[ExI] far future

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 18:38:55 UTC 2014

Though it took me a long time to leave the church, I now cannot understand
why anyone would think our bodies were created by some god.  We are put
together, cobbled together, patched together, and all systems usually work
well enough to get us to mating age.  Beyond that we start downhill.  We
are susceptible to innumerable diseases both physical and mental.  Among
the mental are not diseases per se but faults of our mind.  If you haven't
been there already, check out Wikipedia and search for 'cognitive errors'.
My colleagues in social psych put most of them there.  Pages and pages of
how we can and usually do go wrong.  Creating a new mind in my book will
take most of what we are and dump it.  Some emotions go:  anger,
resentment, retaliation, joy in seeing others hurt or killed, and maybe
more.  Some tastes go:  fat, sugar and salt need to be drastically lowered
in motivation, sex needs to be time-programmed (only feel an interest from
7 to 12 at night) and more.  We need to see much further into our
unconscious mind than we do now.  This is the sort of thing I asked the
group to offer.

As an aside:  I have written help and gotten an incomprehensible return
that looks like some sort of programming commands and does not address my
questions:  how do I find out the topics people on the list are interested
in?  When I click on reply does my email go only to my correspondent?  Or
to everyone?  If you could just take a minute to explain this site to me it
would be a big help.

Thanks!

Bill Wallace