[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 124, Issue 14

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jan 14 20:43:20 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>>. Keith was lamenting the lack of support for space based solar power.

>.That's correct, though it isn't just about SBSP, it's a lack of
support, even interest, in technical solution to get us out of the fix
of energy, carbon, climate, etc.-Kelly

Ja that might be part of it.  But I hafta wonder, and consider the source,
this is coming from ME, the hardcore space junkie:  we have been burned
twice, and badly both times, by big space programs, the shuttle and the
station.  Both times, big promises were made, both programs were really
expensive and both times were a bust.  And this is ME talking.  So what must
normal people be thinking?

It causes me to wonder if skepticism for Keith's idea might be related to
those two misadventures.