[ExI] face recognition app: phony people people

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:53:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:41 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *>…From:* extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org [mailto:
> extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] *On Behalf Of *Kelly Anderson
>
> >…Do you think that someone using a calculator is a math whiz? This is
> the same thing. It won't be seen as any great thing after it's been around
> a year and has market penetration.  –Kelly
>

> Ja, and this is the whole point summed up nicely with your comment.  When
> we develop a way for us to be phony people people, the real people people
> won’t have the value they once had.

Which will be good, on balance, for those of us who don't remember people
things. The real people skills, how to get people to work together, etc.
Those will still be valuable for a while.

> They will no longer be special.

Just like those who can do math in their heads now.

> If a person shows real people skills, we would assume they were using that
> device.

Maybe.

> We won’t like each other as much.

Woah there big guy!!!! That's a jump over the snake river! We don't like
each other less because of email or facebook, why do you think this will
make us like each other less???

> Those who use those devices will in a sense be trying to fool us.  Someone
> you haven’t seen in a long time who you only met once will come up, “Well,
> it’s Kelly Anderson…” and you will respond LIE!

I'll respond, hey Spike Jones of 44 Evercrest way! Haven't seen you for 843
days, 4 hours and 12 minutes. And we'll still love each other!

-Kelly