[ExI] Attention Spans Decreasing?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 08:16:35 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if it is mentioned in the paper, but I would add that
> because of their senior status, old people have a greater fear of
> making a mistake, or getting the wrong answer. So they check and
> recheck their results before answering.

I know I'm much less likely to guess at something now than I did when I was
younger. I remember the days when I KNEW so much... that was so wrong...
starting with the knowledge that some kid dug up and translated gold plates
in upstate New York in the early 1800s... Sigh.

Now, I've become so skeptical and jaded that I don't even know if we really
have a good answer to the original question of this thread. Some say
attention span has shrunk, but what proof do we really have? I believe it,
it fits anecdotal information and what I believe about our changing world
but I can't really prove it yet.

-Kelly