[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jul 10 23:18:41 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM, spike  wrote:
>>... So interesting is this: the IRS can do any corrupt thing they want,
> including influencing elections.  Then when caught, all they need to
> do is offer a lame apology and it all goes away?  The former IRS
> director was found in contempt of congress.  But what are the negative
> consequences?  She is retired.  What are the incentives to not repeat
> the behavior?  None that I can tell.  Now, if you or I get an audit,
> the IRS can arbitrarily declare us guilty, with or without solid
> evidence.  We can't just make it all go away by taking the fifth or
apologizing.

>...New US Tax Return Form ?????

>...<http://youngcons.com/epic-this-is-the-tax-return-that-every-single-amer
ican-should-file-next-year/>

>...BillK

BillK, an American taxpayer is allowed to lose any documents she wants.
Then the IRS is free to send her any tax bill they want.  There is no
presumption of innocence with them.

Now our EPA has gotten a bit envious of all that power, and they have
declared they too have arbitrary authority:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/8/power-grab-epa-wants-to-garni
sh-wages-of-polluters/

This implies that the rest of the government bureaucracies aren't required
to bother with all those constitutional checks and balances on their power
either.

So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause.