[ExI] Tunnels

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:16:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM, spike wrote:
> The whole notion of a tunnel is a gift to Israel.  The Presbyterians
> surrounding Israel fire cheap unguided rockets by the dozens into Israel who
> respond by firing expensive high-tech guided missiles to take out their
> cheap missiles.  (Remember all that debate we had here about THAAD?  Where
> are the nay-sayers now that they are saving lives?)  In the long run, the
> Episcopalians win that battle, even if no one perishes: they spend millions
> attacking, Israel spends billions defending.

There is an analysis out that claims that the Israel Iron Dome system
is virtually useless.
What saves Israel lives is the warning system and underground shelters
(and the fact that the Hamas rockets have pretty small warheads).
Iron Dome does have propaganda value, in that it tells the population
that their government is trying hard yo defend them. Much like as in
WWII the British installed lots of anti-aircraft guns which rarely, if
ever, hit anything. But made people feel better.

See: <http://thebulletin.org/evidence-shows-iron-dome-not-working7318>

BillK