[ExI] Intelligence Unbound!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:18:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Why should we believe them?
>
> If they are much smarter it follows that we will not be able to understand
> their reasoning any more than I can follow debates in quantum physics.  bill

Doesn't matter.
Reasoning almost never convinces humans not to do stupid things.
Humans are notorious for rejecting good advice. Humans are driven by
emotions. They do what they 'want' to do, even without understanding
why they want to do it. They are pretty good at thinking up so-called
reasons though, especially afterwards when they try to justify what
turned out to be ridiculous behaviour.

Though if a few people do start taking advice from their friendly AI,
they will probably turn out to be quite successful. (But still jealous
of all those misbehavin' ordinary humans).  :)

BillK