[ExI] Intelligence Unbound!

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:22:13 UTC 2014

​Reasoning almost never convinces humans not to do stupid things. Humans
are notorious for rejecting good advice. Humans are driven by
emotions. They do what they 'want' to do, even without understanding why
they want to do it. They are pretty good at thinking up so-called reasons
though, especially afterwards when they try to justify what
turned out to be ridiculous behaviour.

As a psychologist I can only agree though obviously such cannot apply to
me.  However, we still have not come to a conclusion about how to tell if
the AI's advice is any good.  Nothing and no one is perfect.   Any good
advice is a plan for action, so we could scientifically test the AI's
advice to see if it really works out in reality - that sort of thing.  I
can't see following any advice I can't understand or test.  Here I am
assuming that I am the next step down from the AI.

bill w

​