[ExI] Arabs don't read

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:56:55 UTC 2014

​To me, this whole religious discussion boils down to this:  there are
always going to be some people in any religion who will take things
extremely literally, whether they be Muslims or Baptists.  This is the
level they can understand.  Many people of average intelligence do not do
well with metaphors.  Literalists tend not to pick and choose but be rather
obsessive about following the literal passages.  I have no earthly idea how
to change these people except by kicking them out of the gene pool, done by
future geneticists.

I think all of the ancient Hebrew writings were moral fables on the level
of Aesop.​
​  Solomon, for instance, was just as much of a made-up character as the
fox or the hare.​

​bill w​