[ExI] unconscious

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 20:50:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> So I think making the unconscious conscious is not the way to higher
> intelligence. Quite the opposite. We might want more layers!

I wonder if this principle also speaks to the hive-mind of galactic
superbrains when people assume that lightspeed communication somehow
limits thinking.  I'd assume that multi-layer controls would mitigate
those delays in the same way semaphores (and other management tricks)
enable multi-threaded operations to "merge" in a finished result in
much less time than serial operations would complete.

*shrug* 'probably just result in a Marvin the Paranoid Android being a
real thing.