[ExI] ​Existential hysteria

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:59:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> we don't need to use the lowest cost thing possible. It will cost the
> Chinese and all the rest huge medical bills for the pollution-created
> diseases.  We should not care more about money than we do about people's
> health.

It is not we in the west that are causing the dreadful pollution in China,
it is the Chinese themselves. And regardless of what they "should" do the
fact remains that they will continue to burn coal just as the USA did when
they were at China's level of economic development because it is cheap. And
however much environmentalists rant and rave the Chinese will continue to
burn coal until somebody finds a energy source that is cheaper than coal. I
don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell of solar energy, space
based or terrestrial based, ever being cheaper than coal, but I think
Thorium reactors might be. If you're really worried about air pollution and
global warming then you need to educate yourself on this subject, and this
is a good place to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1YjDdI_c8

  John K Clark