[ExI] computers now outperform humans at facial recognition

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Jun 1 14:54:00 UTC 2014

A really intriguing paper shows that we still do not know as much about deep learning as we thought:
http://www.i-programmer.info/news/105-artificial-intelligence/7352-the-flaw-lurking-in-every-deep-neural-net.htmlhttp://cs.nyu.edu/~zaremba/docs/understanding.pdf
Whether this is just a small technical issue to correct for (as they do, by training using the adversarial examples) or a profound insight into perceptual systems (maybe this is true for all brains, us included) remains to be seen.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University