[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 03:08:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

(Rafal wrote)

> I loved this book, not just because I work just a mile away from Professor
> Haidt.
>
> But there is one failing - it does not account for the much higher levels
> of hypocrisy among leftists.

 (Bill wrote)

> ​OH?  Maybe because he did not have any data showing this.  Do you?

### It's very likely that he didn't have data on hypocrisy among leftists.
Measurement of hypocrisy is more difficult than measurement of verbally
expressed opinions, and there is little being published. Nevertheless, you
may want to consider this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=20483854

Power increases hypocrisy. Since leftists hold power in the US, they will
be on average more hypocritical than non-leftist, lower-status individuals.
This will be especially pronounced among elite leftists.

Rafal