[ExI] What Does Chatbot Eugene Goostman's Success on the Turing Test Mean?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jun 10 21:20:44 UTC 2014

From: spike [mailto:spike66 at att.net]

>… rig up a chat-bot to engage spam callers… spike

If we can think of this stuff, you know the phone spammers have thought of it a long time ago.  So it is easily foreseen that phone spammers will rig up a chat-bot to call people and give interactive sales pitches until it gets a real live person who is willing to talk.  Sooner or later a Goostman phone spammer will run into a Goostmanned bogus customer.  Then we get to witness and record a virtual battle-chat between two chat-bots.  That will be interesting.

So how do we know when we answer a phone spam if the person on the other end is made of carbon?

You have seen this ja?

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php?sitepal

It’s cool, you can type stuff, get her to talk dirty to you.  Think of all the money this program has saved or created, from taking business from the usual way we get someone to talk dirty to us: the 900 numbers.