[ExI] Hayek

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jun 13 21:36:37 UTC 2014

William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> , 13/6/2014 9:07 PM:

There are several social services types, like Sweden, that have not failed, have not drifted into totalitarianism by anyone's measure.
 These governments have their troubles, as do we, with increasing free riders and accumulating debt, but dictators they and we have none.
Well, Sweden at least liberalized a lot of things in the 90s. School vouchers, deregulation in a lot of domains - by European standards Sweden is pretty liberal today.
Now if we could just liberalize the labour market maybe we could integrate our immigrants.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University