[ExI] be nice to leftists

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 08:36:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Henry Rivera <4chaos.onelove at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2014, at 2:30 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>

>> So whether one can give examples of leftists who are 'obsessed with power
>> and status' by the tens or by the thousands, it doesn't prove anything at
>> all as to whether they are any different from people on the right.  One
>> would expect that a very high proportion of both leftists and rightists fit
>> the description. Which is to say that they are typical, and successful
>> examples of the human race as it now exists.
>>

> ### Over 90% of the wielders of power in our society (Federal employees,
> elite university faculty and administrators, mainstream journalists, public
> intellectuals) are culturally leftist. And yes, those who have power are
> different from us - they got where they are because of being obsessed with
> power and status, and skilled at gaining power. Since non-leftists (whom
> leftists sloppily classify as "right") have much less power than cultural
> leftists, yes, this implies they are different - either less interested or
> less skilled at obtaining power.
>
> Rafal
>

> The non left in DC who rise to power are quite skilled and interested in
> obtaining power. Having lived in Washington DC most of my life and knowing
> many of people from the left and the right in positions of power, I can say
> your description is not consistent with my observations. The non-left are
> consistently more obsessed with gaining power and control and better at
> maintaining it through manipulating fear and diverting attention from their
> drive for power at any cost. Some would describe their tactics as ruthless
> and unethical. The right would respond by suggesting such forms of
> deception are necessary to win this existential battle. The leftists are
> pulled in as a last ditch effort to check this power-grab since it becomes
> apparent to them that the right will not cease until they have total world
> domination and propagation of their values at any cost. It's not a live and
> let live philosophy. Again, I'm not interpreting from a distance, this was
> my experience exposed to personal friends and friends of my family when I
> was growing up who are/were power players in DC (senators, lobbyists,
> cabinet dept leadership and employees, wealthy $ contributors from special
> interests) of both right and left ideologies. FWIW. My perspective is
> unique as I have been privileged to be exposed to such people especially as
> a child in private settings where they were not inclined to be guarded and
> would speak candidly. I don't expect this to change your perspective, but
> it is worth noting this reality I have observed to those who might
> entertain your suggestions.

### Most power in the US is in the hands of cultural leftists. I have no
doubts that many successful non-leftists are as nasty as politically
successful leftists but there is just so few of them. Remember, elected
officials are a fraction of 1% of political power wielders, and 90% of that
unelected majority are culturally leftist.

Rafal