[ExI] The meaning of life revisited

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 18:54:20 UTC 2014

William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

 > "As to the meaning life (as in Anders pdf) as defined for the entire
race, I
 > offer only this:  we should ..."

It's a funny thing, but as soon as somebody starts suggesting what 'we
should', I think "hang on a minute, that's not up to you!".

The whole concept of a single individual pronouncing on what an entire
species 'should' seems a bit, well, pointless to me.
If *I'm* not going to take any notice (which I'm not, I have my own
Meaning Of Life, thanks), you can guarantee that about 7 billion other
people aren't, either.  No offence, Bill, I just think that all we can
do is decide what each one of us, individually, 'should'.

Ben Zaiboc