[ExI] thought experiment and meaning of life

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 05:28:44 UTC 2014

On Jun 16, 2014 8:17 PM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A virus of entirely human origin has wiped the planet of all people.
Shortly after aliens visit (irony, eh?).  They study us and our buildings,
literature - everything - over many years.

> What will they say is the most important, the best thing we produced
while we existed?  That is, they will attempt to attach a meaning to our
collective lives.  Assume that they learn our languages, math, music,
history, philosophy etc. and are somewhat like us.

The virus that killed us?  Even with a spectacularly negative result it
would be an unparalleled achievement.