[ExI] reasoning in beasts

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:39:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Lesson: the brain of the ass, donkey and horse are similar, but behaviors
> vary widely.  Likewise with dog behaviors: similar brains, large variation
> in abilities and instinct.  In all these cases, I see evidence of some form
> of reasoning.  It is an example of human reasoning to recognize the
> parallel
> process in non-human beasts.
>
> spike

​Not me, Spike, but here is one more reason mules are smarter:  they refuse
to work themselves to death.  Horses will run or work until they drop
dead.  Mules won't.  That's the origination of the expression about mules
being mulish - stubborn.  If they are too tired they just stand there even
if you beat them.  I've seen it.  bill w​