[ExI] FW: [tt] [New_Cryonet] Should Cryonics, Cryothanasia, and Transhumanism Be Part of the Euthanasia Debate?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jun 25 16:43:56 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] FW: [tt] [New_Cryonet] Should Cryonics, Cryothanasia, and

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM, spike wrote:
>> ...  If you end up in a memory care facility, the quality of life in
there
> for one's remaining time in this mortal coil isn't worth a warm bucket
> of spit, and costs a fortune.  Go see it for yourself por favor.  I
> think we should have the option, when faced with that dreadful fate,
> to just go ahead and take the nitrogen bath.
> If you disagree, do state your case...

>...From an outsiders (and government) POV, cryonics does equal death, so
the same laws would apply to cryonics and to euthanasia. i.e. citizens won't
legally be allowed an early death by any method unless they are in a state
where euthanasia is allowed. (Though it does happen unofficially)...If
euthanasia is allowed, then I don't see any reason for the authorities to
object to a cryonics team standing by and taking over after death is
declared...

Ja.  The problem, or rather one problem I can see immediately, is that there
are no clear legal guidelines I can see for when a patient is forced to go
into a nursing home.  We already have that problem with AD.  Note this case
with the team owner Donald Sterling who made comments privately in his own
home which were recorded and used to deprive him of his team.  He was
declared senile by two doctors, which justifies his being forced to sell his
team.  If cryonics is an option for those facing nursing home, one could
speed up their own possibly-considerable inheritance by having a coupla
doctors declare the old man senile, then encouraging him to opt for cryonics
before his brain contents were lost.

>...While a care home is expensive, so is cryonics at that late stage...
BillK

Cryonics will cost about the same as five months of institutional care and
even less home care.  We need robots for this kind of work.

Oy vey, what a problem.