[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jun 30 16:27:35 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

Il 29/06/2014 19:10, spike ha scritto:
>>... Question please for our local computer gurus.  The IRS is claiming
> that a bunch of evidence was accidentally lost because a hard disk
> crashed on the computer of the IRS director and six others within the
> IRS closely associated with the investigation.

>...Make laws forcing federal and state employees to keep all the mail they
receive and send...

They already have that and always have.  Since the early days of email,
federal government business is required to have hardcopy printed on paper
and archived.  This requirement has been universally ignored (imagine that.)

>...Make a felony, for these people and their IT guys, to not be able to
show up these mails (certified original by an external authority)... Mirco

Failure to archive is already illegal, but the person with the authority to
pardon anyone for any reason has already declared the IRS innocent.  The
following is an interview with Bill O'Reilly from February of this year:

OBAMA: Bill, when you look at the stuff, there have been multiple hearings
on it. What happened here was that you've got a 501(c)4 law people think is
confusing. The folks did not know how to implement because it basically says
--

O'REILLY: So you're saying there was no corruption there at all.

OBAMA: That's not what I'm saying.

O'REILLY: I want to know what you're saying. You're the leader of the
country.

OBAMA: Absolutely.

O'REILLY: You're saying no corruption, none?

OBAMA: There was some bone-headed decisions.

O'REILLY: Bone-headed decisions. But no mass corruption?

OBAMA: Not even mass corruption. Not even a smidgeon of corruption...

It sounds to me like the second answer contradicts the fifth answer above,
but either way, if he has already decided there is not a smidgen of
corruption and he has the authority to declare the whole investigation a
phony scandal and pardon anyone convicted completely without consequences
(Mr. Obama has no elections to come and despises his party successor) then
the way this all plays out is easy enough to foresee.

It feels to me that the USA is treading the same path of Germany in the
1930s.  Both countries elected to its highest office a guy with little
legislative or executive experience, a murky past, with a lot of charisma,
memoirs published while they were yet young (both leaders ascended in their
40s) promises of hope and change, both abused power and frantically grabbed
for more power at every opportunity.

I am optimistic that the US will not follow Germany's example because of the
internet.  The masses are better informed now than were the Germans: it is
harder for government to completely control information now.  It is possible
a nation was saved by the internet.  Perhaps sunlight really is the best
disinfectant.