[ExI] hard science

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:44:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Tara Maya <tara at taramayastales.com> wrote:

> I don't see why. Amoebas are still wandering around in single-cell suits,
> despite being immensely older than 10,000 years, and despite the presence
> of our exalted selves.
>
> Not everything old is extinct. Not everything new displaces what it
> replaces.

Only 99% of the species that ever existed are extinct now. I'm sure people
will be different.

Oh yeah, we are different. We hog a tremendous amount of resources that a
higher intelligence will be able to use with greater utility if they aren't
feeding GigaApes. I'm sure it will all end well for us. No worries.

-Kelly