[ExI] how heavy are double-slit apparatuses?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat Mar 15 09:35:10 UTC 2014

Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> , 15/3/2014 7:54 AM:
 But, if the interference is caused by interaction between entities that have mass, does the weight of the apparatus as a whole change when we switch the apparatus between the interfering vs. non-interfering condition?
I don't see why it should. In one condition you get dots in one pattern, in the other one in another. But each electron (if you use them) still leaves one dot.
In fact, mass is a *classical* observable in quantum mechanics: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=555014

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University