[ExI] Gravity waves?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:58:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Ben wrote:
> I'm still waiting for someone to /actually detect gravity waves/. I'm
> wondering why we can't seem to detect them directly, even though we can
> detect things as ghostly as neutrinos?

They have been trying since the 19690s. But gravitational waves are
very tiny distortions of spacetime.
See:  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave_detector>

The best chance is LISA, the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna. But
due to NASA budget cuts, it probably won't launch until about 2028.
(By which time science might have moved on anyway).
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Interferometer_Space_Antenna>

Although, I've found that after consuming a bottle of Cotes du Rhone,
I do seem to be able to detect spacetime distortions. But it is
probably subjective, not really psychic powers.

BillK