[ExI] Death follows European contact (Mirco Romanato)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:42:41 UTC 2014

Just what errors are there?  Gimme page numbers and I'll write Pinker
directly.

Current wars are of course not included in the vast amount of data he
presents.

Problem:  the Pinker effect has been going on now for a few hundred years,
most of which was lead-free.  Still, 20% of the variance is no small
thing.  A Pearson r of .40 often is quite satisfactory in psychological
studies.

 I suspect that as people get safer, they commit less violence and that may
turn off some genes, which can be passed on to their offspring a la the
epigenetic effect.  Pinker mentions epigenetics but not much, and most of
what we know about it (as far as I know) has been gathered in the last few
years.  bill w

 One scathing commentator described Pinker's article -