[ExI] dna ethics question

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 5 16:47:32 UTC 2014

Another way to branch off if you wish:  what if we could arrange for each
state to have its own DNA database but specifically defeat the creation of
the national level DNA database?  (Somehow.)  That makes total sense if you
have an army of volunteers, some of which take on each state.  Consider also
that the USA is trending toward a society where you get extra IRS scrutiny
if you hold certain political views.  We have clear examples of that
happening now, and nothing bad is happening to the IRS agents who
perpetrated the acts.  Our IRS can convict without evidence.  If they call
in a taxpayer, they alone are the judge, jury and executioner.  The IRS has
fifth amendment rights, but the taxpayer does not, when dealing with that
agency.  The IRS has unlimited power and almost zero accountability.
Naturally, corruption ensues.

If the DNA database is held at the state level, each state is only able to
archive the DNA of felons incarcerated in that state.  Then we need to
figure out a way to prevent the IRS from discovering genes associated with
whichever party is out of power at any given time, and using their power to
pre-emptively destroy that genotype.