[ExI] dna ethics question

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Mon May 5 19:22:31 UTC 2014

Personally, I think that as a matter of course, all babies' DNA should be checked against the DNA of their parents to confirm paternity and maternity.

For maternity, it would merely help prevent rare "switched at birth" scenarios, but eliminating paternity uncertainty would be a dramatic shift in the evolution of mammals. That alone would do more for women's rights and Nice Guys than centuries of lectures about the evils of premarital sex or adultery. Basically every society's oppression of women, every religious hang up about sex, and probably even rape, all derive from paternity uncertainty.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads