[ExI] dna ethics question

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu May 8 13:55:17 UTC 2014

Il 08/05/2014 08:01, Adrian Tymes ha scritto:

> * Fudging the DNA a bit, leaning on the service until your
> donation isn't so anonymous, then picking you up.  Doesn't matter
> that you've got a dozen witnesses placing you in another state at
> the time: they've got DNA evidence.
>
> Any of them succumbing to temptation and going for the latter is
> too many.

If it is shown DNA could be easily produced matching the profile of
the accused and the only solid evidence is the DNA, in future, lawyers
should be able to have the case dismissed.

If the case is not dismissed, I foresee a number of people paying for
some samples of their DNA being done and left over some crime scene.

"It is the same DNA but I was in jail at the time, so I have a genetic
twin/clone somewhere".

Mirco