[ExI] Big Data Visualization

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Fri May 9 18:02:41 UTC 2014

In 2012, at the Humanity+ @ San Francisco conference, my talk was on H+:
Beyond Data.  I identified something missing in approaching to human
enhancement (including HCI/BCI/MCI, DIYbioers, hackers, including grinders).
After that, I started the QS Group in Phoenix/Scottsdale, which didn't take
me any closer because organizing and visualizing data is tough. Now I just
want to visualize ideas.

Can anyone suggest fairly easy to learn and cheap software for stunning data
visualization that is more design wise than Excel looking?

I looked at tableau, which is $500 per year for online use; but then I
Googled "free" and found its free public download, so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Natasha

 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More, PhD

Professor, University of Advancing Technology

Chair, Humanity+

Fellow, Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies

New Book at
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/188-1002006-3563941?url=search-ali
as%3Daps&field-keywords=the%20transhumanist%20reader&sprefix=the+transhumani
st+re%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Athe%20transhumanist%20reader> Amazon!

cover email