[ExI] How the world collapses

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 17 16:57:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> No, just more (easily seen through if you know what to look for)
> disasterbationism.
>
> For instance, note that in what you quoted, they claim that alternatives to
> oil are illusions - without citing evidence.

He's not trying to persuade you! That's a waste of time. He is trying
to expound his worldview. As you know it is almost impossible to argue
people into changing their long-held opinions, especially about
politics and religion. The best that anyone can expect is to remind
people that alternative views do exist. That's why I read stuff
outside my comfort zone. I don't just want mutual stroking to keep me
happy.

There is plenty of evidence on the web and in books to support his
view. He is not a lone voice in the wilderness. It is just that, as
Spike points out, people are too comfortable at present. People don't
want to change until they are forced to.

> And so on, and so forth.  Generally, any article that's yelling and
> screaming about how the world is collapsing and there's nothing we can do
> about it, isn't worth reading.

No worries then. Pass me another beer.   :)

BillK