[ExI] How the world collapses

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 17 23:07:55 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] How the world collapses

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> Why aren't you guys worried about chemicals?  We are walking around
> with over 50 chemicals in our bodies that weren't there when we were
born...

Ja, but one of those is semen, and we have no problem with that one.  So we
are already down to 49.

> Our rivers, creeks, air, oceans are polluted.  They are adding things
> to our food, our drinking cups, our everything, that hasn't been
> tested for effects on people...  BillW

Ja, BillW, I think the reason I don't really sweat it much is that
apparently we aren't walking around with much of that stuff.

I live near SF, here for about the last 25 years.  Over that time, I have
been astonished to notice how much clearer the air has become.  I recall how
one could seldom see the foothills east of the metropolis from Santa Clara.
Now you can usually see them very clearly from Sunnyvale and Palo Alto.
Last night I was up on the top of those hills to watch the moonrise and saw
Moffett Field as sparkly clear as if I had been km away.  I could easily see
the SF skyline, all lit up, what a sight.

It sure wasn't like that in the late 80s.  Perhaps just the more rigorous
standards in filtering Diesel soot made most of the difference, and that
seems simple enough.

Cocaine in the drinking water: get a filter, me lad, that one is easy to
fix.  If you really want to.  {8^D  In those concentrations, it wouldn't
even give you a decent buzz methinks, and besides I thought it was sniffed
or something?  I'm no expert on those matters; I learned about it from the
lyrics to that song by that guy from a long time ago, what's his name...
Frank Sinatra, the song is I Get a Kick Out of You:

I get no kick from cocaine
I'm sure that if
I took even one sniff
It would bore me terriff
icly too...

Ja.  People used to sing stuff like that.

Or you could just drink soda and coffee.

BillW, filter your water me lad, live in a place where they don't usually
use fireplaces in homes, eat with reasonable caution, leave the tobacco and
drugs alone.  Do those simple things and you will enjoy the cleanest and
healthiest environment of humans anywhere and anywhen in history.