[ExI] How the world collapses

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:33:43 UTC 2014

> I have the notion that we will tear around like our asses are on fire so
> long as it is .  Then after it isn’t cheap anymore, we will stop.  Then we
> will have a whole new pile of problems.  Now we waste because we can.
>

> spike
>

> What if a truck was used only when we had to carry something that would
not fit into a car?  Around here, (central Mississippi) trucks are vanity
vehicles that almost never have anything in the back.  So, in other words,
what if people bought cars that actually did what they needed to do and
nothing more?  No enormous pickups, no four wheel drive for city folk, no
vehicles over 150 HP, and so on.

Oh wait!  I am thinking of people as rational creatures, aren't I?  Duh.
How dumb, esp. for a psychologist.  Spike is right - we will give up things
that pollute, are highly wasteful, etc. only when we are forced to do it.
Who said that government forcing choices on consumers was a bad idea?

(Spike is wrong about cheap - you ever hear of welfare Cadillacs?
Extravagance is far more important than need, especially when men are
compensating for small equipment.) bill w​