[ExI] robot catching stuff out of the air

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 19 07:03:05 UTC 2014

This is cool.  I didn't realize we were getting this close:

http://www.livescience.com/45507-wow-robot-hand-catches-objects-on-the-fly-v
ideo.html

OK then, if we can get a robot arm to catch stuff, we can get that same arm
to throw.  You know what comes next: a baseball team.  People will pay good
money to watch 18 robots play baseball, and furthermore, there is no reason
to not allow betting, since you could start out with identical robots and
randomly choose the teams.  If there is no good way to offer them a payoff
to screw up and blow the game, we should be able to bet on them without the
usual perils of wagering on sports.

Even without the betting, I want to see what comes next.