[ExI] sick man of the internet?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 20 18:56:08 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] sick man of the internet?

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM, spike wrote:
>>... Anders, I read a comment by you the other day which has been rattling
> around in my head like a marble in an empty coffee can.  It was
> something about Java being the sick man of the internet.  Perhaps I
> misunderstood.  Please sir, why is that?

>...Many, many, many security problems. Many authorities recommend disabling
Java in your browser, unless you really, really need it for certain
must-have websites.
See:
<http://www.tomsguide.com/us/disable-java-computer,news-18042.html>  BillK

Ja, so what's its replacement?  Suppose I have an application that I wrote,
or an algorithm that I worked out on Excel for instance.  I want it to run
on iPads and cell phones and such.  What do I do?