[ExI] dna to search

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 09:54:35 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Well, how about Huntingdon's chorea and breast cancer? (for two of many)
> Clear genetic causes, and no hope for treatment for chorea.  Who would write
> any kind of insurance for a person who is certain to develop H's chorea?)
>
> I think the best thing we can leave our children is a complete genetic chart
> along with lifestyle things (smoking, drinking, drug use, that could cause
> inheritable epigenetic changes.  bill w

Of course gene 'correction' treatments could be used for much more
than curing disease.

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29760212>
28 October 2014.     Two genes linked with violent crime.

And the genes for blue eyes, ginger hair, etc.

If gene treatments become fashionable and/or compulsory the population
could gradually change into a healthy monoculture nation of tall
handsome people with blue eyes and a very placid disposition.

Luckily they will have robots to do all the nasty jobs. But the future
won't look too good if everyone is treated to be happy with their lot.
No discontent means little striving for change.

BillK