[ExI] internet regulation as a public utility

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:45:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are incorrect if you think this is truly just about the videos.  Yes,
> those are the highest bandwidth users and thus the first to be targeted -
> but once legal precedent is established, it's open season on the rest of us,
> pure-text users included.

So when pay to play becomes a battleground for advertising, will the
rest of us agree to move onto dark mesh?  Or will off-net
communications be criminalized?  Can I send/receive peer to peer
messages on behalf of other sender/receivers?  Using Tor already makes
one a suspect, wouldn't using a decentralized communications system be
as bad (or worse)?

If I employ an enigma-like cypher printed on small strips of paper
attached to carrier pigeons will I be arrested for threatening
national security?  Will it depend on where the avian carrier
originates or where it eventually roosts?