[ExI] drones and ants. was: RE: Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 1 14:18:11 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] drones and ants. was: RE: Input for article on "The
Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM, spike wrote:
> Ooops apologies, my cut and paste failed.  Below is the correct link:
>
> ...  This defies everything I thought I knew about how an ant brain
works...  spike

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzjA-b2vnjA

This viral video seems to be newly noticed behaviour that has got the
entomologists quite excited.

<http://www.myrmecos.net/2014/08/29/did-liveleak-just-leak-an-unknown-ant-be
havior/>

The comments there are also relevant.

BillK

It is blowing my mind BillK.  I have been looking for any hints that the
video is fake, but it looks real to me.  I have half a mind to try to get
some of those ants, breed them up and see if we can replicate the behavior.
It is very exciting to discover a previously unknown talent in old friend.