[ExI] Lockheed skunkworks announcement about fusion

Dan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:15:19 UTC 2014

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:57 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> Working in the same company, you have all the excuse you
>> need to email or call Tom and verify this story.  Could
>> you do so on our behalf, please?
>
> No sir.  If he has what the article says, we don’t want to
> distract that man for one minute, not one second.  He holds
> the future of humanity in his hand.

I can understand your reluctance, but it borders on the absurd. Surely, the man eats, sleeps, and does other things even folks working on crunch time do. And if they're making announcements like this, either there's extensively bullshitting doing on or they're really far along in the process. And throwing out meat like this is only inviting others to question and comment. I imagine the team there either has someone to answer queries or, worse, some standard message they'll give. Maybe you can circumvent the latter. Worth a try, IMO, if it's not detrimental to your continued employment.

(Heck, friends of mine working at Amazon told me they asked any chance they got what was going on over at Blue Origin.:)

Regards,

Dan