[ExI] Robot Audi RS 7 laps Hockenheim at racing speeds

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 20 14:42:41 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: [ExI] Robot Audi RS 7 laps Hockenheim at racing speeds

Audi has delivered on its promise to send a driverless Audi RS 7 around the
Hockenheim Grand Prix track at racing speeds.
<http://www.gizmag.com/audi-rs7-piloted-driving-concept-hockenheim/34324/>

>...There is a video of the run as well...BillK

BillK, this will be THE spectator sport a decade from now, or less.  You
know the Japanese and the Yanks will not sit idly and watch the Krauts win
those races.  I think Google is running an autonomous racecar out on one of
the runways at Moffett Field.  I was over there the other day and heard
someone (or something) tearing around like their ass was on fire.

I can imagine autonomous motorcycles will be even more popular with the
fans.  You can get a race-ready bike for 18k, capable of absurd speeds.  The
bikes may be able to challenge humans even sooner, because the autonomous
bikes would have 30% less weight and 20% less frontal area.  The teams can
take more chances with the bikes than a human racer normally takes.