[ExI] nick's book being sold by fox news

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 27 20:05:36 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] nick's book being sold by fox news

Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> , 27/10/2014 8:29 PM:

…

>…What about this model: AI embedded in our infrastructure allows automated, distributed monitoring and planning on behalf of whoever owns the AI systems…Anders Sandberg

Ja, and consider further that camera example.  My bride loaded this software, and it went thru the photos and found those it thinks is us.  We trained it a bit by identifying the errors, so it could eliminate those.  OK so now this computer has access to the internet, it knows exactly how each of the most common people in our photo album looks and it knows who we are.  It can phone home any time; I wouldn’t know, and I wouldn’t know the use they are finding for that info.

I also have a camera on the front of my PC, and I am told it can be remotely activated.

I am an openness sort, so I am mostly OK with that, but for privacy sorts, that whole notion must give them the creeby jeebies.