[ExI] Immeasurable hubris

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 5 03:35:34 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] Immeasurable hubris

Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> , 4/9/2014 12:15 PM:

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>>…  Or even better, move the galaxies closer together!
>>…  but getting into the core of Laniakea should be fairly easy.

### I absolutely love the immeasurable hubris of this thought!  Rafal

No way Jose!  It is measurable, or it might be.  All we need to do is develop a hubrometer, and a system of standards.  We could have competing dual units, English and metric.  Then come up with a specialized mathematical system for modeling the admittedly high end, this gigahubris.  We could have competitions to see who is the most hubric.  That would be cool, you could win just by saying with sufficient sincerity that you will win.  Of course the rest of you guys need not bother challenging me to a hubris contest, I would just embarrass you.