[ExI] The Future of Car Insurance

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 10 04:56:54 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK

>...This reduction in accidents will also have a big effect on the health
industry. Fewer casualties means much less work / profit for hospitals.
Also repair shops - very little accident repair work.   BillK

Dr. Smigrodzki might know the answer to this.  My guess is that car
accidents make very little impact on hospital bottom line profits.  They
probably did at one time, but with improvements in tires, anti-lock brakes,
increased use of seatbelts and universal front seat airbags, I can imagine
the ER sees way more patients with diabetic complications now than proles
who have damaged themselves upon the steering wheels of their Detroits.