[ExI] India and China signed a high speed train deal.

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Sep 26 13:35:08 UTC 2014

Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> , 26/9/2014 2:01 PM:### The Mythbusters determined that a direct head hit by a bug can decapitate (i.e. dislocate the cervical spine of) a motorbike rider under plausible assumptions about bike speed and bug size. Their demonstrations are very instructive and yes, gooey.
What is the largest bug you can encounter while hanging on to a train in India? This could be a risky
Chalcosoma atlas males are 6.0–13 centimetres:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_beetlehttp://www.objectlessons.org/natural-world-earth/atlas-beetle/s89/a221/They are lighter than Goliath beetles, so I would estimate about 77 grams or so given posts I have read. Unwieldy fliers likely to bump into things. Ouch.
Of course, the actual situation in India is a fair bit different from the media images we get, since they tend to drag 20 years behind. There is a difference between trains and trains.
Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University