[ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Sep 30 14:00:15 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of Giulio Prisco
Subject: Re: [ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

Bryan, what is "the early recommendation of Julian Assange is rather
interesting and possibly extropic"?

How many here remember Julian's few posts?  I don't even remember exactly
what he said, but I recall I was generally sympathetic with his main ideas:
he was a hardline openness advocate.  He caused a wild reaction from another
guy who was on the other end: a hardline privacy advocate.  A raucous flamey
debate ensued.  Neither of those two got along well with the other kids, and
both left.

The other guy was talking about quad-copter camera drones back then, and how
we could legally shoot them down, and so forth.  This was 15 years before
that product showed up on the market, the kind you can now buy for three
digits if you google on quadcopter camera drone, and make videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfZvimPkKio

You could fly over the nudist colony and such as that.