[ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:14:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Ja.  Those comments were a result of Eliezer’s earliest posts on a forum
> dedicated to how much they hated Barney, a TV character from the early
> 1990s.  Eliezer’s younger brother was a big fan, which annoyed his 12 yr
> old brother.  As I recall the forum was called “Purple Dinosaur, die die
> die!”

You're trying to remember the newsgroup entitled
alt.dinosaur.barney.die.die.die (you do remember news groups, right? LOL)

I will never regret anything ever posted against the evil purple one! He
must go. He is evil. If there ever is an apocalypse, I'm sure Barney will
be at the root of it.

One of the greatest real achievements of the anti Barney movement was to
coopt jihad.net a url that they maintain to this day, keeping it out of the
hands of those who might do true harm with a site with that address.

-Kelly