[ExI] [tt] Identity thread again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:46:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Even Mother Nature doesn't make identical twins genetically identical,

Genetically they're identical but their phenotype is only similar; two
dishes may not be identical even though they have the same recipe because
at least one of the 2 cooks can not or will not follow the recipe exactly.
And of course after the twins are born their memories are not exactly the
same either,

 > the idea that drinking a cup of coffee makes me an entirely different
> person is a bit over the top, isn't it?

Yes that's over the top, but no more so than demanding that copying
machines in thought experiments operate with 100% perfection.

  John K Clark