[ExI] crosswords

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:34:20 UTC 2015

How many cell types does a placozoan have?
What is the fractal dimension of a Cantor set?
Which planet is orbited by the moon Fornjot?
How many neutrinos from SN 1987A did Super-Kamiokande detect?
Who was Wittgenstein's thesis advisor? [*]

[* OK, that one is a trick question... Maybe we should have an option to
point out trick questions for extra points.]

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford
University

Here's one for the nonscience crowd:

Name a Nobel Prize winner in any science in the last 50 years.

I'll bet most people could not name even one.  Just is not taught in
school.  Popularity goes to the Twitter/Hollywood/Facebook, TV crowd.
Aren't we so proud of the human race?  If the Singularity occurs, we can
get rid of the lower 99% of humans and not miss a step.

bill w