[ExI] dna day

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Apr 25 17:00:40 UTC 2015

25 April is DNA day.  On 25 April 1953, Crick and Watson announced the
double helix structure of DNA partially based on the work of Rosalind
Franklin's X ray diffraction (no I do not want to debate who scooped whom.)

The following is a useful timeline, cleverly disguised as an advertisement
for 23andMe:

http://visual.ly/human-genetics-highlights

The database in 23andMe has surpassed 900k users, but I have noticed that
Ancestry.com's DNA database is growing at an average rate of 2 percent per
week, so Ancestry.com at that rate will be in about September where 23andMe
is now.  Ancestry.com gives you more information in some ways, since the FDA
stepped in and restricted 23andMe.

Details available on request.